Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tanabe Japanese Restaurant

Tanabe Japanese Restaurant, as the name obviously denotes, is a Japanese restaurant in Remedios Circle, Malate, Manila. I've been hearing about this restaurant for a while but never really got a chance to try to dine here. Then I heard another branch opened at Mall of Asia. I saw the restaurant while I was strolling in the mall one weekend. And then I finally saw the Malate branch when we passed by Remedios Circle and I was surprised to realize that it was just on the opposite side of the bar I went to, Uzziah Bar. I don't know if it's because of my Japanese ancestry but I'm definitely going to try their food really really soon. I heard lots of praises for this resto from reviews and other blogs. Mostly said that it is the best Japanese restaurant in the Philippines. I also learned that they have many Japanese customers so they probably offer authentic Japanese dishes. I want to try the Wagyu (Japanese beef) but it's a bit expensive. Let's see if I could save enough for that and make my own review. Until then...

Branches:

Malate (Remedios Circle)
553 Remedios St., Malate
City of Manila, Metro Manila
(02) 528-4688

SM Mall of Asia
SM Central Business Park, Bay City
Pasay City, Metro Manila
(02) 405-0288

2 comments:

ryza said...

hi, just tried it yesterday with my cousin in MOA. was craving 4 Jap fud, she had the tempura, I had the Wagyu steak :) nothing special abt the tempura but not bad either. I tried the beef by itself first to judge, and it was GOOD!! then i tried it after with the sauce that goes with it (sori, don't know what it was called) and it just made it better!! the serving was enuf, 120 g of the beef if i remember right..and definitely worth the price (p550 i think) You should definitely try it soon, am cravig for it again as i'm writing this!hahahaha!!am def going back there. gud luck on ur site! :D

lounatik said...

hello, this is lou albano of spot.ph. wondering if i can use this photo for an article? of course we'll publish full credit as well as a link back. please drop me a line at lou [dot] albano [at] summitmedia [dot] com [dot] ph