Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Ken Watanabe

Ken Watanabe is a famous Japanese actor. The first time I saw/heard of him was when he was in the movie The Last Samurai starring Tom Cruise last 2003. He played Katsumoto, whoever that is, well, I saw the trailer not the whole movie. I did watch the 2005 Batman Begins starring Christian Bale where Ken played the Batman's villain Ra's Al Ghul, I think he got killed in the movie :) And I also watched Memoirs of a Geisha in 2005 where he played the role of the Chairman. I watched it because I think the book is interesting and I love Zhang Ziyi in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Tiger movie last 2000. He also is General Kuribayashi in the 2006 World War II film Letters from Iwo Jima. I haven't watched it either but will do when I have the time. I might also watch its counterpart film, Flags of Our Fathers.

As I was searching for him on the internet, I learned that he has also filmed ads for American Express and (I did not expect this, the addicting and my favorite) Yakult. And he was featured in People's Magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People edition, wow!

Note: It's Watanabe, not Tanabe, I know, but my dad said our surname was derived from Watanabe. It's a long story but really interesting so I'll make a separate post for that soon.

No comments: